Wednesday, September 10, 2008

well-watered garden


Jeremiah 31:12 ...they will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more. 13 Then maidens will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Are you His 'well-watered garden'?... I had the senior girls in my small group last night(our youth group spilts up into smaller groups at the end.) They are such beautiful flower beds! We were talking about worshiping God through surrendering to Him. Relationships were the number one thing that they had learned to give up to God, to trust Him with watching over a Dad in Iraq, or a friend now in college, a mom having an operation tomorrow. They had this assurance that no matter what was changing around them, they could trust in His unfailing love and care. Awesome girls!

Isaiah 58:10...your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. 11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

I love that these 'well-watered' verses talk about dancing and strengthening your frame. It's important to give Him every bit of ourselves. Our hearts, souls, minds, AND strength.
Guess what those gals asked me to do? Grab our yoga mats and lead a 'Worship/Stretching/ Dancing Senior Girl's Small Group' tonight. They want me to teach them my worship/workout ideas. That's so cool, I've wanted to do something like this for many a moon.

Worshiping Him, delighting in Him, trusting in Him yields the desires of our hearts (Ps. 37.)
First thing we gotta do is think of a different name for the group:) One of my sons suggested 'Coga' for Christian Yoga. Another friend said, 'Christian Bending.' But both kind of leave out the dancing part and we can't have that!

No comments: