Thursday, September 4, 2008

Focus

Where's this red-head of mine at? Where's my focus today? My bunny has one focus if I'm anywhere near...me! She's constantly watching me to see if I'll give her a treat or pet her sweet ears.

I want my focus to be on my Master, Creator, Father. What's He got for me today? Maybe I'll walk into a mess 'cause my head's striding with Him but that's okay because my heart will be right and I'll be able to laugh and trust. Sometimes Bunny will miss the carrot top that's right next to her because she's watching this Carrot Top. But that's a good thing 'cause she'll get that treat and I'll pet her too:)
Here's something cool I've been mediating on this week...
(I looked it up in The Message on Crosswalk to get a different take on it.)

Romans 8

5b.. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them - living and breathing God! 6 Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. 7 Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. .

14 God's Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go! 15 This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike 'What's next, Papa?' 16 God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children.

So let's keep our bunny eyes and ears open to Him today.
Oh the places, we'll go with the 'What's next Papa?' focus !

No comments: