Tuesday, September 2, 2008

filled up


I like the feeling of fullness. My husband and I had a beautiful sunset/sushi dinner last night. By the time the stars came out, we were full inside and inside again. Full of shared artichoke leaves and sushi rolls but also full of something else, kind of an 'at-oneness.' It's love and more, it's shared heart.

Maybe you know the feeling? It's talking and laughing (or perhaps crying) and really being 'with' someone.

That's the kind of fullness that Paul talks about over and over again in Colossians 1 & 2. It's a beautiful picture of the fullness of God in Jesus.

We can get little glimpses of that Fullness in prayer, in worship, in communing in the atonement and provides the 'at-oneness' of abiding in God. Oh it's a beautiful place to be.

Here's my prayer for you from parts of Paul's letter to the Ephesians....
18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you......23....the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way.

PS read my blog on prayer, 'Why Pray?' on July 9th at redhotanswers:)my other blog.

No comments: