Friday, September 12, 2008

Eternal Mystery

My neighbor and I were talking yesterday about how wonderful 'mystery' is in life and how someday we'll know a lot more but we both hope that there will still be mystery and things to find out.
She said, "God wouldn't be God if we could ever really understand everything about Him."

I said, " Well, the Bible says, 'we will know as we are known,' but there's really not that much to know about me."

Maybe that doesn't really make sense, I've been told that I really don't make sense a lot of the time, that a lot of what I say is pretty silly. So I'll try to explain what I mean...
maybe the amount that I'll 'know' is equal to the amount that can be known about me. That is not a whole lot. But I suspect it's even less with some people and maybe really, really little with people who are completely given to the things of this world.
1 Cor.7:31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

Things of this world are passing away.
1 Cor. 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, .....30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

You know what is so cool? That being foolish to the world, appearing weak to the world, being humble and even despised is okay. If we have the Love of Jesus in our hearts, if the wisdom of God can speak through us, if we depend utterly on Him for our strength and righteousness, that's enough, 'Deyanu!'

Mystery of mysteries, how crying with a friend is strength, how speaking of things that don't make a lot of sense to most people is wisdom, how dancing, laughing, hugging, like a fool is anything but!

Oh yeah, mystery will remain because God is God and so infinitely, mysteriously, beautiful.
The most amazing mystery of all is this Love that never fails and will remain eternally.

1 Corinthians 13:8-13
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments: