Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Friend

You know what a friend is? Not just an acquaintance or a co-worker or teammate but a real friend...that is someone who you show the real you.

With a real friendship, minds and hearts are laid open without deceit or dishonesty.

Jesus said, 'Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God, ' in Matthew 5:8.
That pure heart reigns supreme in a true friendship.
The cool thing is that God wants that kind of friendship with us!

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
He wants to be totally open with us. He wants to call us his friends.

I am so thankful for the friends in my life who give me a glimpse of what this friendship with God is like.
When we have that pure, honest heart, friendships thrive and we can 'see God' in our lives.
Thank you, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi cindyred60;
I just popped over from seeing your comment on Jewish Roots at StPixels and read through several postings. Excellent writing and interesting content.
It is great to find friends as you defined and I thought I might say that the words 'soul mate' and 'bosom buddy' come to mind.
Thanks for blogging this.
Best wishes, mymoss.