Monday, October 20, 2008

Learning Stuff...walking

I love learning stuff. Especially when I learn stuff that changes me...stuff that changes the way I think, especially the way I think about myself.


When I meditate on the Word of God, not just read the bible or even study the Scripture, but when I let it work in my heart, soul, mind...I learn stuff. Then the changes happen.


Like I was walking the beach, meditating on Ps 23...
You know, there's only one 'to do' thing for me in all of Ps. 23! And I was doing it...walk.
The rest was all stuff that God does for me, his little lamb.


It's His job to make sure I don't 'want', to 'lead' me, make me rest in 'green pastures, beside
still waters', to 'comfort' me, to fill me up to overflowing and more good stuff!



1Jo 1:7 -
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
1Jo 2:6 -
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
2Jo 1:6 -
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
3Jo 1:3 -
It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth.


Walking in the Light. I used to think, "I wish I could be a Yeshiva student"...but now I think I'd rather be a monk. Not discussing His Word but living it; by walking and serving and loving like He does. I love learning stuff.

No comments: