Friday, October 31, 2008

Crows and Meteors...Love Notes

I haven't been up on the roof in a while. But I was up there this morning...
I wanted to wake Eric up at 5:00 so I got up there at 4:30 and saw seven meteors.
Two were really amazing.

I guess I wasn't really sure that God would meet me or rather that my mind would meet His. He's always there waiting but sometimes my thoughts are my own and like the Pharisee in the parable, I end up 'praying with myself.'

There's this song that I love. It's not the kind of song that you'd expect this sunshiny girl to relish but I do. I thought of it yesterday when I heard an enormous flock of crows circling.

I couldn't remember all the words until I climbed the stairs to the roof and looked up at Orion.

There are crows, crows, crows everywhere..(that's the part I remembered yesterday.)

I have a friend with some crows circling.
But then when I looked up at my favorite constellation, I remembered the rest.

There are crows, crows, crows everywhere
but, darling, I don't care,
as long as I have you.

Then the meteors, the beautiful Love notes from my Darling.
I was heavy with thoughts for my friend but He took this silly song that I love and winked at me.
And such a wink!
A song in my heart that turns crows into doves and a shower of meteors from Orion.
One was a fireball bursting with light and so low that I saw it through the branches of a palm. Our own tabernacle, a succah made by God holding us tight and
meeting us whenever we turn to Him.

Lord, hold my friend tight.

No comments: