Thursday, October 2, 2008

alone?

Just returned from a beautiful beach walk, so alone. Yet not alone at all. My Father met me and walked with me and blessed me greatly with his Presence.

Somehow being near those waves and blue sky fill me up, oh and the sea gulls...saw one eating a wormy thing!

Elijah felt alone and I guess, sitting in a cave would tend to make one feel alone. But God met him and assured him that 7000 had not worshiped idols. Elijah had the Presence and the assurance of others like him.

Yesterday, Micah raised his hand in class to sign up for the 'Drug Free' club. He said that every year fewer and fewer join. Only one other hand went up yesterday out of a class of over thirty students. He felt a bit alone. One girl even commented to him how stupid she thought the club was.

Well, like Elijah, my Micah wasn't alone, and I wasn't alone on the beach.

My Lord is there. He's there because the separation that sin causes has been bridged.
By One who was left alone by this world.
One who alone could bridge that gap.
Jesus, Yeshua, the Messiah..

John 16:32 "But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. 33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Jesus faced the cross alone yet the Father was with Him. God overcame the power of sin and death.

1Cor. 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." 55 "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


A fly stung me on the way to the beach. It reminded me that the sting of sin has been dealt with, if I am willing to repent and turn to Him. There He is, arms wide open, keeping me from ever being alone.

No comments: